(submitted by David Crain)
- 6 -8 medium fresh tomatoes, pealed, diced
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups of water
- 1 medium size carrot, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- An index finger sized bundle of spaghetti noodles, broken into small pieces
- 1/2 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp Mexi-Cajun Seasoning
- fresh parsley, chopped + extra for garnish
In a stock pot, add diced tomatoes and salt. Cook over medium heat until tomatoes tender and begin breaking down.
Add water, carrot, onion, garlic and seasonings. Bring to a boil over med-hi heat, stirring often. Add spaghetti and reduce heat. Cover and simmer for approximately 20 minutes, allowing tomatoes to continue to break down and flavors to meld together. Stir in parsley and continue to cook for an additional 8-10 minutes.
Serve with a garnish of fresh parsley and a hot slice of Mexi-Cajun Cornbread OR grilled cheese.
*If you prefer a less chunky soup, use an immersible hand-held blender to pulse the tomatoes into a creamier consistency BEFORE adding the spaghetti noodles.