Chicken & Sausage Alfredo Pasta
Mexi-Cajun Chicken and Sausage Alfredo Pasta
(by Angela Fine)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 8-10 servings
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound of chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 14 oz smoked sausage
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Medium Onion, diced
- 1 quart of low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 pound of dried penne pasta (I used macaroni pasta this time)
- 2 Tablespoon (or to taste) of Mexi-Cajun seasoning.
- 4 oz of freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of Italian flat leaf parsley, minced
- Mexi-Cajun Seasoning
Start with a large covered cooking pot.
Season chicken with salt, pepper, and Mexi-Cajun Seasoning and brown in olive oil over medium high heat.
Add sausage and diced onion, continue to cook until lightly browned.
Stir in garlic and cook for about two minutes.
Add chicken broth, heavy cream, dried pasta and 1 ½ Tablespoons of Mexi-Cajun seasoning to pot.
Stir together and bring to a simmer over medium high heat.
Reduce heat to low and let cook covered for 15-20 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
Remove pot from heat and stir in parmesan cheese. Fresh parmesan really works best in this alfredo sauce
Stir in chopped parsley and sprinkle with additional Mexi-Cajun Seasoning to taste.